Customized heat shrink tubing is a viable and profitable solution for many types of businesses. Heat shrink tubing is a thermoplastic cylinder that fits tightly around wires, cables, and terminals. When heated, the tubing shrinks to a specific size to create a shield from moisture, chemicals, abrasion, and extreme environmental factors.
Heat shrink can also be customized to have text, images, and logos printed on one or both sides of the tubing for easy identification or branding purposes.
The Importance of Customization in Heat Shrink Tubing
Custom heat shrink tubing is considered more than an essential safety and identification tool for those in various industries. Using printed tubing is considered a necessity under certain compliance and safety standards for many regulating bodies and organizations.
Furthermore, custom-printed heat shrink tubing can be a tool in the branding and marketing of a business, especially as this is a permanent advertisement solution. Having a business name, contact information, logo, or related image printed on a product is a cost-effective way to retain customers.
Types of Customized Heat Shrink Tubing
There are many ways a business can use customized heat shrink tubing.
Logos in Heat Shrink Tubing
In a competitive world, branding is a top priority for those in the electronics, automotive, and aerospace industries. Custom logo heat shrink tubing is the next level in business advertisement wherein the company’s recognizable logo or image can be easily printed on the heat shrink.
Markers and Identifiers
Markers and identifiers can also be a safety feature when identifying wiring and cables. In many industries, cables and wires must be identified to ensure the safety of technicians and operators. Live wires, hot and cold piping, and cables with specific functions can all be labeled accurately with custom-printed heat shrink tubing.
Custom-Printed Heat Shrink Tubing
Printed heat shrink tubing allows businesses to add legible and detectable text and/or logos on heat shrink even after the heat is applied. It is crucial that the printing also be able to last for the lifespan of the heat shrink tubing and not stretch or distort when the tubing shrinks.
Applications for Customized Heat Shrink Tubing
Heat shrink tubing can be used in a variety of industries, such as:
- Electrical and electronic applications: Custom-printed heat shrink tubing has been, and will continue to be, a top priority in the manufacturing and usage of electrical and electronic applications. The wiring and cables used in the communication and electronics field require specific labeling to ensure the safety of the installer and user.
- Industrial applications: As technology advances, the use of customized heat shrink tubing for industrial operations becomes more in demand. The features can enhance the safety of industrial applications with the addition of printed identifiers.
- Automotive applications: Custom heat shrink label printing can be used for wiring, cables, harnesses and assemblies, fuel lines, and electrical components. With identifying features and texts, the heat shrink tubing allows for safe operation and repairs.
- Aerospace applications: Printed heat shrink tubing can be used throughout the aerospace field, specifically for the structure, controls, and communication systems in an aircraft.
- Medical applications: The medical communities rely heavily on print-on heat shrink tubing for the safety and health of users and patients. The tubing helps in emergency situations where visible markings and text for quick identification purposes are vital.
- Other applications: Heat shrink label makers and printers are important for managing video and audio cables, gripping power tools and hand tools, repairing damaged cords, insulating tools, protecting sports equipment, building circuit boards, and strengthening furnishings.
Explore ShrinkShop’s Custom Heat Shrink Solutions
Enhance your business by custom printing your logo on heat shrink tubing. At ShrinkShop, we use state-of-the-art equipment and top-quality products to ensure that all your text, markings, and logos are legible and clear.
Contact our knowledgeable staff to discuss how we can help your business grow!