Print-on heat shrink tubing can enhance the appearance of cables while providing a safety barrier for those working with the cables. Read this blog to see why you should use print-on heat shrink tubing for all of your audio and video wiring and cable needs.
What Is Print-On Heat Shrink Tubing?
Print-on heat shrink tubing is a customizable thermoplastic tube used to protect and insulate wires and cables. When heated, this tubing shrinks radially around the enclosed cables. The durable material helps to prevent scrapes, damage, and moisture from destroying the delicate workings of wires and cables.
Benefits of Print-On Heat Shrink Tubing for Audio and Video Cables
Identification and Organization of Cables
- Easy identification of cables. The main benefit of print-on heat shrink tubing is the ability to identify cables. This improves the safety of working with hazardous live cables because they can be easily identified, and the ink/label will not wear off.
- Improved organization: Whether the heat shrink tubing is used at home, in the office, or in an industrial setting, organization of cables is essential. The tubing can be used to bundle, label, and organize the entire cable system.
- Reduced cable clutter. Print-on heat shrink tubing is a great way to bundle loose cables for a better view of electric products. Having cables dangling or lying around the floor can be a safety hazard, especially in high-traffic areas. Printed logos on heat shrink tubing helps to organize the bundles.
Improved Aesthetics of Cables
- Professional appearance. Depending on the location of the cables, most situations allow for these electrical products to be visible, either sticking out the sides or falling from underneath electronics, telecommunication, and other cable-related products. Print-on heat shrink tubing provides a professional appearance to the unsightly cables.
- Customization. Have aesthetically pleasing custom-printed heat shrink tubing brightens the cables that are in plain sight. The durable tubing is available in a wide range of colors including white, yellow, red, blue, green, and black. All colored tubing can be customized with images of pictures and texts to enhance the appearance.
- Branding opportunities. Print-on heat shrink tubing offers the best of both worlds in terms of investment into a business. The strength of the tubing protects cable products and provides an opportunity to advertise the business with text or images of the company’s logo.
Enhanced Durability of Cables
- Protection against damage. The durability of cables can be enhanced with the help of heat shrink tubing. The resilience of the tubing material acts as a protector against scrapes, damage, and dents that regular use of cables can cause. The tubing also acts as a tight seal against potential moisture damage.
- Resistance to wear-and-tear. Most cables and wires are designed to endure significant wear-and-tear. Heat shrink tubing allows for extra protection against impact seen with the movement and tight quarters they are placed in. Installing the tubing around the cables offers extra “cushioning”.
- Extended lifespan. As print-on heat shrink tubing doubles as a protector of wires and cables, the material used needs to support the weight of cables and connections. The tubing acts as a strain relief, which can help extend the lifespan of wires and cables.
Best Practices for Using Print-On Heat Shrink Tubing for Audio and Video Cables
Follow these best practice when using print-on heat shrink tubing:
Choose the Proper Placement and Sizing
Print-on heat shrink tubing will only be useful with the proper fit, sizing, and placement. The recovered diameter and the expanded diameter are key in ensuring the cables are protected. The recovered diameter is to be smaller than the diameter of the cable itself once heated for shrinkage.
When applying the printed-on heat shrink tubing over the cables, it is important to take care not to overstretch the tubing itself. Having proper dimensions for the right fit will allow the heat shrink tubing to provide the best protection while offering a well identifiable system.
Maintain Legibility Over Time
Only professional heat shrink tubing printing services can ensure the legibility of the ink remains intact over time. It is crucial in most situations to have potentially hazardous wiring and cables properly identifiable to prevent the risk of accidents.
Safety is the number one priority when using heating devices to install, repair, or replace heat shrink tubing. Use personal protective equipment such as gloves and eye protection and avoid wearing loose clothing during application.
Get Print-On Heat Shrink Tubing from ShrinkShop
For superior printed heat shrink tubing, talk to the experts at ShrinkShop. We provide professional printing service with our state-of-the-art equipment, guaranteed not to distort the text or images during printing or shrinkage of the tubing. Contact us to discuss how we can help enhance your heat shrink tubing needs.