Custom-cut heat shrink tubing is one of the most overlooked inventions of the 20th century. The thermoplastic material that molds around wires, cables, connectors, terminals, and joints works as a protector, insulator, and identifier of mechanical and electrical components.
The Versatility of Custom-Cut Heat Shrink Tubing
Custom-cut heat shrink tubing is a versatile tool in most industries. From plumbing and electrical to the fields of automotive and military defense, heat shrink tubing is a vital component.
The cost-effective tubing protects wires, cables, and connectors from UV light, extreme hot and cold temperatures, abrasion, chemicals, dust, and debris. The same tubing can also be used as a safety feature to secure and identify cables and wiring.
Industry Benefits of Custom-Cut Heat Shrink Tubing
Below are some of the many benefits of custom-cut heat shrink tubing in various industries.
The automotive industry relies on heat shrink tubing for wires, cables, and other electrical components.
- Wire Harnesses and Cable Assemblies: Wire harness manufacturers use heat shrink tubing to organize, identify, and protect cables. The tubing helps to streamline the wiring systems while supporting and protecting the wiring from the mechanical stress and vibrations.
- Fluid and Fuel Lines: The hazardous components of fuel lines and other fluid containers within vehicles require the heat shrink tubing to be chemical and flame-resistant while being capable of handling high pressures. The double wall material of the tubing helps to prevent corrosion and oxidation of the wiring and cables in all harsh environmental conditions.
- Electrical Components and Connectors: Using durable heat shrink tubing to secure and insulate connections and as protection against contaminants and moisture improves the function of the electrical components and connectors.
Aerospace and Defense
The aerospace and defense industries have stringent safety standards. Heat shrink tubing is used for the controls, communication, and structure of aircrafts and equipment.
- Aircraft Wiring and Avionics: Heat shrink tubing provides insulation against electric charges and extreme heat while protecting the wiring from moisture, dust, and chemicals that can cause a complete system shutdown.
- Military Equipment and Electronics: Heat shrink tubing is designed to withstand variable environmental conditions and weather which is a common thread among military equipment and electronics. Protection from chemicals, moisture, abrasions, and heavy debris is critical for said equipment. Custom-printed heat shrink tubing adds to the safety and security features of the equipment.
- Satellite and Space Systems: Satellite and space systems can be improved with the use of heat shrink tubing. From providing a high vacuum and radiation resistance to bundling and identification of wires and cables in spacecraft, the tubing is an indispensable tool.
Electronics and Telecommunications
The electronics and telecommunication field uses wiring and cables to manage the mechanisms of various devices and machines. Heat shrink tubing is an essential tool for this industry, both as a protector and an insulator.
- Cable Management in Data Centers: A data center is managed by small and large cables and wires both visible and hidden from the naked eye. Having heat shrink tubing as a cable organizer can enhance the safety of the center as well as provide protection to the interior wiring.
- Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Assembly: Heat shrink tubing is used for insulation for wires and components as well as protects against damage and heat emitted with soldering and SMT processes. The insulating aspect of the tubing helps to improve electrical isolation and heat dissipation of the circuit board.
Medical Devices and Healthcare
The safety and health of the general public is a top priority in the healthcare field. Heat shrink tubing is a vital tool in the protection and insulation of medical devices and machinery.
- Medical Equipment Wiring: By using custom logo heat shrink tubing, the wiring of medical equipment can be easily identified in times of emergency situations. It is crucial that all equipment and wiring components are sterilized and bio compatible to ensure the health and safety of users and patients. With the hazardous environment of a medical field, the tubing must be resistant to chemical exposure and cleaning agents to uphold its protective standards.
Industrial Machinery and Automation
Automation and industrial power wiring and control requires advanced safety features for the protection of the operator and the surrounding area.
- Control and Power Wiring: Heat shrink tubing offers mechanical, environmental protection, electrical insulation, strain relief, and identification markers for optimal safety standards. Using custom-printed tubing to clearly identify the components of the machinery can help reduce damage and accidents.
Renewable Energy and Power Generation
As the demand for renewable energy and power generation devices grows, heat shrink tubing is quickly becoming a vital part of the manufacturing scenario.
- Solar Panel Wiring and Connections: With the exposure to extreme heat, solar panel wiring, and connections require the safeguarding factors of heat shrink tubing. With enhanced protection from rain, snow, ice, wind, and sun, the wiring, cables, and connectors are secured and conserved in place.
- Wind Turbine Cable Management: For protection against wind and extreme weather exposure, heat shrink tubing is used for cables and components for wind turbine management. Offshore or onshore, the durable and flexible aspects of the tubing support bundling and strain relief of all moving parts of the turbine.
Other Benefits of Custom-Cut Heat Shrink Tubing
- Tailored fit
- Optimized cable management
- Efficient prototyping
- Enhanced aesthetics
- Time and cost savings
Explore Custom-Cut Heat Shrink Tubing Options at ShrinkShop
As a leading force in the heat shrink industry, ShrinkShop has custom heat shrink label printing for all your tubing needs. Our selection of sizes and colors, excellence in customer service, and fast delivery is why we are the heat shrink tubing experts. Contact us today to discuss how we can help you!