The aerospace industry depends highly on the reliability of its components to keep everyone involved safe. This is why dual-wall heat shrink is designed to protect the wiring, cables, joints, and connectors used to piece together the aerospace vehicles, technical resources, and all related commercial, industrial, and military applications.
Applications of Double-Sided Custom Printed Tubing in the Aerospace Market
Single and dual-wall heat shrink tubing is used as a protector, insulator, and identifier of wires and cables. The crosslinked polyolefin material used provides a second layer to delicate wires in the telecommunication, electrical, automotive, electronics, military, and aerospace fields.
Identification and Traceability
- Marking Different Sections and Components on an Aircraft: Using serial numbers, text, or images on the heat shrink tubing to distinguish the various wiring and cables provides a safer environment for all parties involved.
- Information on Part Numbers, Lot Numbers, and Serial Numbers: Customizing the tubing with part, lot, or serial numbers can also ensure the correct part is used in the assembly of each section of the technical resources.
- Assisting During Maintenance and Repairs: One slightly overlooked advantage of using customized heat shrink tubing is that it helps trace the elements to the original source, particularly if a problem arises. There is an abundance of components used. Any faulty or imitation parts need to be identified immediately.
Wiring and Cable Protection
- Protecting Wires and Cables in an Aircraft: Dual-wall adhesive heat shrink tubing is designed to prevent the enclosed components from being exposed to corrosion, moisture, chemicals, and environmental conditions. Wires and cables also need protection from harmful ultraviolet light, extreme temperatures, strain from weight, and strikes.
- Distinguishing Between Different Cables and Wires: As each wire and cable component has a primary use and purpose, it is vital that each one is clearly distinguished from others. Colored heat shrink tubing can be used to identify the different wires and cables.
- Ease of Identification During Repairs and Maintenance: Within the aerospace industry, time is of the essence, especially when delays could cost millions of dollars. Color-coded tubing simplifies the process of identifying the right components during regular maintenance and repairs.
Fuel and Fluid Transfer
- Transfer of Fuel and Fluids in an Aircraft: The use of hazardous fuels and fluids for the aircraft demands reliable and durable materials, such as heat shrink tubing, to ensure a safe and secure delivery.
- Printing Vital Information: The aerospace industry uses various fluids and fuel that requires proper identification when handled. Custom-printed heat shrink tubing can be used to surround the particular fluid vessels by marking the type of fuel, the flow rate, and the pressure rating.
- Helping Transfer Fluids Safely and Efficiently: By having each fluid vessel properly identified, heat shrink tubing provides flame retardant and fuel resistant compliance to meet all safety standards.
- Heat Transferring in Aircraft: The amount of heat produced by the mechanics of the aircraft can easily damage or destroy the nearby components. Durable heat shrink tubing can protect the wires, cables, hoses, and other delicate mechanisms.
- Distinguishing Between Hot and Cold Lines: Custom-printed heat shrink tubing in various colors can be used to identify the different hot and cold lines within the system.
- Ease of Identification During Maintenance and Repairs: As with other sections, easy identification of heat transfer components can be categorized with the use of custom heat shrink tubing. Bundling of the wiring can cut down the time and hazard risk during maintenance and repairs.
- Aesthetic Applications in Aircraft Interiors: On the aesthetic side, heat shrink tubing provides a sleek appearance for the exposed wires, cables, connectors, and joints.
- Printing Custom Designs and Logos: As durable heat shrink tubing can be embossed with custom logos, text, and numbers, the exposed tubing can double as a visual accent or branding opportunity.
- Enhancing the Overall Aesthetic Appeal of the Aircraft: While this aesthetic appeal may seem secondary, the overall visual of color-coded and custom-printed heat shrink for wires and cables can help with proper identification.
Buy Double-Sided Custom-Printed Tubing at ShrinkShop
See the massive selection of adhesive-lined heat shrink tubing at ShrinkShop. We offer durable single and dual-wall tubing for the aerospace, military, commercial, industrial, automotive, and electrical fields. Our 30 years of experience in the heat shrink tubing manufacturing and distribution industries is why we work closely with aerospace companies to provide their essential needs.